Smoking in the workplace,
How to comply with the law?
How to comply with the law
There are several things employers are required to do to comply with the law. These are;
- Display warning signs
- Make sure people are aware that the premises are smoke-free
- Remove smoking rooms in the premises
- Ensure no one smokes
In what parts of the workplace does the smoking ban actually apply?
The smoking ban applies to all enclosed or substantially enclosed premises that are public places or workplaces used by more than one person.
Are vehicles also included in the smoking ban?
Vehicles are included if;
- They are used by a member of the public
- They are used by more than one person at work
However, a vehicle does not have to be smoke free if;
- It is used primarily for private purposes
- It is provided for the sole use of the driver and not used as a workplace by anyone else
Back to News Listing
We will respond to your call back within 24 hours during business working hours