Follow the correct redundancy process to ensure you are adhering to the latest employment laws. With our support, you’ll get things right, avoid disruption to staff morale, financial penalties and damage to your business reputation.
Doing things right from the start means avoiding financial penalties from employment tribunal claims, unnecessary delays to your plans and the increased management time required to manage appeals. Park City can provide all the necessary support and advice needed to ensure that you follow the latest guidance and legislative requirements through the whole redundancy process.
Emotional Support With Managing the Redundancy Process
The most powerful benefit from utilising our service and the close personal attention and understanding of our highly skilled and experienced team, is the emotional support you will receive. For many business owners and managers, the redundancy process is the most challenging decision-making process and the most demanding experience you will ever have at work. Lean on us for support when making these difficult decisions.
Our team are available to provide tailored advice and support to cover all aspects of your redundancy process:
- The initial planning and preparation of your redundancy process including your staff communication plan and forecasted costs.
- Exploring if there are any alternatives to redundancies, what can you do within your existing employment contracts and terms and conditions to avoid added costs
- Notification to the Department of Business Innovation and Skills on form HR1 if required, a statutory requirement.
- Management of the statutory time scales for the process to be deemed fair and completed within the minimum legislative requirements.
- The planning and management of collective redundancies and collective consultation, if required or if following best practice as this is beneficial to a smooth trouble-free process.
- Managing the election and balloting of representatives of affected employees to satisfy your statutory duties to consult and inform as appropriate.
- Designing and implementing the process to receive, log and answer staff questions as part of the consultation process.
- Designing and implementing the method and unit to be used for selection along with the selection process to follow.
- Managing, scheduling and attending (remotely via telephone or video conference) the collective consultation meetings and individual consultation with the staff involved.
- Managing and attending, if required, the individual outcome meetings with the staff involved.
- Drafting all related correspondence and delivering, if required, the ending of the contract of employment through the proper use of notice or payment in lieu of notice.
- Calculating the payments that will be due to any employees who are made redundant and liaising with your payroll department.
- Managing any appeals received from to anyone who is selected for redundancy.
- Supporting Managers and staff with their mental wellbeing throughout the process.
- Delivering outplacement support for those who require it as a result of redundancy.
All of the services are available either as a complete managed redundancy process or as a menu based support with Park City providing any combination of advice and support to suit the individual business need or budget.
Please pick up the phone now, or fill in the form to schedule a call for a free discussion on your needs and how we can provide critical advice and support your need at this time.