• Understand the role of the first aider, including reference to:
i) the importance of preventing cross infection
ii) the need for recording incidents and actions
iii) use available equipment.
• assess the situation and circumstances in order to act safely, promptly and effectively in an emergency
• administer first aid to a casualty who is unconscious (including seizure)
• administer cardiopulmonary resuscitation
• administer first aid to a casualty who is choking
• administer first aid to a casualty who is wounded and bleeding
• administer first aid to a casualty who is suffering from shock • provide appropriate first aid for minor injuries (including small cuts, grazes and bruises, minor burns and scalds, small splinters)
• burns and scalds.
• Candidates who require an emergency first aid at work (EFAW) certificate to comply with HSE requirements
We will respond to your call back within 24 hours during business working hours×