Recruitment and Selection
Date To Be Advised
Category: Management Development
About this training course
This course will cover the following:
- The Discrimination laws relating to recruitment
- Sex Discrimination.
- Race Discrimination.
- Disability Discrimination.
- Sexual Orientation.
- Religious Discrimination.
- Age Discrimination.
- Defining the requirements of the role.
- Attracting the candidates.
- Selecting the candidates.
- Interviewing the candidates.
- The decision-making process.
At the end of the workshop, the delegates will be able to:
- Understand the barriers to effective recruitment and understand the impact of getting the recruitment process wrong.
- Understand the laws relating to discrimination in the recruitment process.
- How to define the requirements of the role through the use of:
- Job descriptions.
- Person specifications.
- Understand the most effective methods to attract the right candidates focusing on considerations when constructing a recruitment advertisement for example:
- What to include and what not to include to attract the right candidates.
- How to avoid a claim of discrimination.
- Understand how to shortlist suitable candidates for interview ensuring it is free from bias or discrimination.
- Be aware of the available methods of selection for example job sample test and interview.
- Effectively interview the candidate:
- Understand the purpose of the interview.
- How to prepare for the interview.
- Effective use of questioning and listening.
- Awareness of the common problems of interviewing.
- Conducting the interview.
- How to choose the most suitable candidate.
Your Recruitment & Selection Trainers
Does this sound like the course for you? Book now or get in touch
Park City Consulting Ltd
1 Oak House
Vale View Business Units
Crown Lane South